The Society extends a warm invitation to you - to friends, neighbors, scholars, history buffs - to join our growing membership roster and be part of building a new 21st century institution dedicated to the history of California’s Central Valley region. Our history is a remarkable part of the California story. It’s the story of people and their relationship with the land.
Be a Partner as we
- Advocate on behalf of historic preservation, working with local and state government to preserve our region’s architectural landscape
- Maintain an archives that houses history of the Central San Joaquin Valley from the 1850s to the present
- Collect oral histories, artifacts, photographs, letters, journals, family scrapbooks
- Celebrate the history of California’s Central Valley through exhibits, publications, preservation tours, lectures and conferences
- Sponsor living history events
- Administer one of the most significant historic sites in the San Joaquin Valley, the home of agricultural pioneer, M. Theo Kearney
- Develop history curriculum for classroom use and workshops for teachers
- Collaborate with regional historical societies and museums to link historic sites and bring collections together for research and exhibition
- Create a place in the heart of California that brings together the forces of research, educational programming, and preservation to address some of California’s most important challenges.
Benefactor $1000 - $5000